Schaan – As planned, tool manufacturer Hilti has been CO2-neutral within its own business activities since the end of 2023. Compared to 2019, the Group was able to reduce its own emissions by 60 percent. The aim now is to further reduce emissions along the entire value chain.
According to a company press release, the Hilti Group has reached a first milestone on the road to net zero by 2050: Since the end of 2023, it has been CO2-neutral within its own business activities, as planned in its sustainability strategy. To this end, Hilti has implemented the four-stage concept of reduce, replace, produce and offset to avoid CO2 emissions, thereby fulfilling the criteria of the Science Based Targets Initiative. This climate organization is a collaboration between the Carbon Disclosure Project, the United Nations Global Compact, the World Resources Institute and the World Wide Fund for Nature.
“Despite this success, we are aware of how important it is to reduce emissions along the entire value chain,” CEO Jahangir Doongaji is quoted as saying. “With our commitment to Science Based Targets, we are supporting our customers in their sustainability goals and helping to combat climate change.”
According to the information provided, Hilti was able to reduce its own emissions by 60 percent compared to 2019. The fact that Hilti has been relying on 100 percent green electricity worldwide since 2020 was fundamental. The remaining 40 percent of Hilti’s global CO2 emissions are offset by projects that the company has developed together with the HiltiFoundation and ClimatePartner. All projects are externally certified according to either the Gold Standard or the Verra Verified Carbon Standard for carbon offset projects. ce/mm